Basehor Chamber of Commerce / Small Town Saturday
Basehor Chamber of Commerce / Small Town Saturday
Small Town Saturday (formally known as Basehor Dairy Days) is a day of fun for the whole family that includes live entertainment, games, food, crafts and more. The festival, which pays homage to the city’s rich dairy history, is being moved to the FALL of 2019! Save the date for September 28, 2019!
Press Release: Small Town Saturday
Basehor Dairy Days Association and Basehor Chamber of Commerce
Announce Fall Festival “Small Town Saturday”
Basehor Dairy Days Association and Basehor Chamber of Commerce have combined efforts to create a new fall festival for the community of Basehor, Kansas. The festival will be called “Small Town Saturday,” and take place on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at Basehor City Park.
In the past, Basehor Dairy Days Association, a group of seven community volunteers, have organized the previous community festival “Basehor Dairy Days” that took place in June and paid homage to the rich dairy history of Basehor.
“Although Basehor Dairy Days was well received, we typically battled extreme heat and lack of volunteers,” Basehor Dairy Days Association volunteer Ashley Razak said. “So when the Basehor Chamber of Commerce approached us about joining efforts to host a fall festival, we thought that might be the best way to extend the life of our community festival in Basehor for the future.”
The festival has been renamed as “Small Town Saturday” by the now combined planning group, which includes the Basehor Dairy Days Association volunteers and the addition of two Chamber of Commerce board members as new volunteers, as well. Small Town Saturday will consist of several components of past Basehor Dairy Days festivals like the Crazy Cow 5k, Chris Cakes pancake breakfast, inflatables, vendor booths, the Lions Mobile Health Unit, bingo hosted by the VFW, food trucks, and entertainment will be taken up a notch with several bands on the schedule.
“The purpose behind combining our organizations to create a new festival is to not only refresh the festival, but to involve as many businesses and local organizations as possible,” Chamber president Scott Runnels said. “We are seeking participation from local businesses and organizations to host things like a cornhole tournament, talent show, beer garden, cake walk, chili cook off and other activities that will encourage anyone and everyone from the community to attend.”
Vendor and food truck sign up forms are available on the Basehor Dairy Days and Basehor Chamber websites at basehordairydays.com and basehorchamber.org. As in the past, an online volunteer sign up opportunity will be distributed prior to the festival, and anyone with questions can contact Basehor Dairy Days at email@example.com.
Crazy Cow 5K Race Information
$15 Children (13 and under)
We will be back at Basehor City Park this year! This race takes place on city roads and there will be cars driving on the course. Please use caution when running/walking during our event.
Packet Pick Up
Packet pick up (and in-person registration) will be held at the Basehor Dairy Days information booth on Friday, September 27th from 5 – 7 p.m. Race t-shirts are available for those who have pre-registered by September 1st, but not guaranteed for Packet Pick Up and Race Day Registrants.
Race Day Registration
Registration is available on race day beginning at 6:30 a.m. Entry fee is $25/adult, $15/children (13 and under). Register at the Crazy Cow 5k table near the start/finish balloon arch! T-shirt availability not guaranteed for Race Day Registrants. Cash or check only on race day.
Race time is 7:30 a.m. for all runners and walkers!
We will have a NEW Crazy Cow 5k route for 2019!
Strollers and Pets?
Strollers/wheelchairs are permitted, but please no pets.
Safety is our number one priority! If weather conditions present a threat, the Crazy Cow 5k committee, race officials and/or local police officials reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event. Unfortunately, registration fees and sponsorships cannot be refunded if unsafe weather cancels the race.
In absence of unsafe weather conditions, the Crazy Cow 5k Run/Walk will be held rain or shine. The average temperatures for late September range from a low of 56º to a high of 74º.
Overall Male and Overall Female finishers will receive gold medals! The top two Male and Female finishers in each division will also receive gold and silver medals:
0-13 Male and Female
14-18 Male and Female
19-29 Male and Female
30-39 Male and Female
40-49 Male and Female
50-59 Male and Female
60-69 Male and Female
70-99 Male and Female
If you or your business are interested in sponsoring the Crazy Cow 5k, please see our sponsorship packet – TBD!
To register for the Crazy Cow 5K Run/Walk please visit the Registration Page on the Small Town Saturday website.
Little Miss/Little Mister Pageant Information
Information for the Fall 2019 Little Miss/Little Mister Pageant will be available soon!
Current Rules & Regulations for Vendor Booths (please note changes may be made before festival, vendors will be notified):
Small Town Saturday Rules & Regulations
- Set-up time will begin at 6:30 AM and unloading of vehicles must be completed by 8:00 AM. Vendor booths open promptly at 9:00 AM – RAIN OR SHINE. Activities will be continuous throughout the day, please wait until at least 4 p.m. to tear down your booth. We do encourage you to stay through the evening if you have appropriate lighting for your booth.
- The festival location has changed! Small Town Saturday will be held at the Basehor City Park again this year – 15940 Leavenworth Rd, Basehor, KS 66007! Follow the signs to the Vendor Check-In Station.
- Booth size will be 12’ x 12’ (except for food vendors) and booth space will be located on grassy areas or sidewalk. Vendors are responsible for bringing their own tents, tables and chairs, and for unloading and loading their own belongings. Electrical outlets are NOT available for vendor use, but if staying through the evening, please bring your own lighting for your booth. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRASH DISPOSAL.
- If you don’t have a Kansas Retailers Sales Tax Number, you may use the Event Sales Tax Account Number assigned by the Kansas Department of Revenue to remit sales tax after the event; this certificate will be provided to vendors on the day of the festival. Sales Tax Tables will also be furnished – Basehor tax is 8.3%.
- Neither your booth nor any part of your booth may be sub-leased to any other individual and/or entity not named on your contract, nor may vendor and/or any individual or entity use your booth for any purpose not originally specified on the contract without the consent of the Basehor Dairy Days Association (the “Association”) or Basehor Chamber of Commerce.
- You agree to comply with all rules and regulations set forth by the Association, along with requests made on the day of the festival. The Association may close your booth if the Association determines that you have violated any of its rules and regulations.
There will be no refund of any fees paid to the Basehor Dairy Days Association if cancelled after August 1, 2019.
A reminder letter with directions, arrival times and booth locations, will be mailed 2 weeks prior to the festival.
Questions? Please call 913.662.1246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for participating in Small Town Saturday. We look forward to a successful day for everyone!
Downloadable Vendor & Booth Forms:
© 2018 Basehor Chamber of Commerce